06 May 2008

crazier things have happened

1.Fulham rescued themselves from the relegation zone for the first time since Boxing Day. In semi-related news, Boxing Day was the last time I spent the day drunk at The Highbury. See the connection there?

2.One week after jumping off the Brad Guzan bandwagon he went ahead and delivered his first clean sheet of the season against Houston. That's good to see Brad. Maybe I wasn't totally off of that bandwagon just yet.

3.Speaking of bandwagons I'm jumping on...that Cesc Fabregas is quite a stud. And not too bad at my favorite game either. Before the Birmingham City game, and after a couple bloody marys, I declared my love and devotion to Arsenal and said I was getting a Fabregas jersey. That was before my boys reminded me they were staying in the Premier League. Anyways, I still might get his jersey because dude is cookoo bananas!



4.Also this weekend, Martin Truex Jr. got 6th for his first top ten of the season, I think. Hallelujah! It's about damn time Martin. He thought his breaks were going early in the race, but he persevered, kept himself out of trouble and got a good finish. Now onto Darlington!

That was quite a lot of good things to go down in one weekend. I'm not used to being happy with all my teams and what not. Hopefully I didn't just jinx them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's right. Brad did it just FOR YOU. And the next Chivas game, he'll do it just FOR ME.

Also, I was reading Peter Wilt's blog last night and he mentions you and the brewery tour you guys went on. You should tell him next time he mentions your name to link to this blog.