25 April 2008

how quickly things change

Who would have thought that by the end of this week I would be talking about not being a Bucks fan anymore? I was all encouraged, excited and hopeful on what the angry little bald guy would bring to the table. I said only one thing could make me turn on the Bucks in an instant. I should have said one and a half things...

Kelvin Sampson is likely to be signed as an assistant coach

I'm going to give as basic as a background story on this as possibly. Mainly because I don't feel like digging up an thesaurus to find out a different way to say I hate this piece of crap.

1.Kelvin Sampson most recently was the coach at the University of Indiana.
2.Kelvin Sampson had recruited Eric Gordon AFTER GORDON HAD VERBALLY COMMITTED TO MY BELOVED ILLINOIS by sneaky, voyeuristic, illegal tactics most of which included a cell phone.
3.The NCAA finally had enough dirt to address Sampson at which point Indiana decided to show him the door right before the tournament.
4.With all this drama, Indiana is likely to lose scholarships and possibly post season tournament time, Gordon has decided to declare for the draft.
5.It's been projected that the Bucks would take Gordon with their top ten draft pick.
6.Sampson's hiring probably will make that even more of a possibility.

I can't say enough how much I hate these two. I spent an entire evening in Champaign, IL screaming my lungs out and booing every time Gordon got the ball. The thing is, all the boos and all the hate effected him, a bit. Even if I thought Gordon was ready for the NBA and didn't hate him, I don't think he's a good fit on the Bucks. Granted, I wasn't happy when they drafted Yi last year, but it hasn't been 100% proven as a good pick yet.

The boyfriend has already contacted his season ticket rep and told him the second Eric Gordon is drafted by the Bucks we're canceling our season tickets and disputing any charges the Bucks have already posted to The Boyfriend's credit card. Our ticket rep's response? He's from Rockford, IL and knows exactly how we feel so he can't blame us if that happens.

I shouldn't be getting upset before any of this happens. I don't agree with Sampson's hiring but I'm more forgiving of that, I guess, than I would be if they draft Gordon. It's not like Sampson is in charge. And it's not illegal to call players anymore, but I still just don't like the guy. Let's just say, come draft day, there's a point guard in Utah whose team I would be happy to root for all season long, more than I already do.

No comments: